13th Annual ADCD Paper Fashion Show™ Designers
The 13th Annual ADCD Paper Fashion Show™ Call For Entries is now closed. This year’s show is on Thursday April 6th at the Denver Center for Performing Arts. Get tickets >>
Sign up for our newsletters to stay up on all ADCD happenings and Paper Fashion Show news. Call for entries typically opens in December for the following year’s show.
Be a part of an unforgettable evening of wearable art in motion.
Why should you participate?
- Break away from the daily grind
- Get away from your computer and get in touch with raw materials
- Be part of a real runway fashion show
- Support the local creative community
- Show off your creative chops
- Have a ton of fun
How It Works
Each team can design up to one (1) fashion and have one (1) model walk down the runway per entry. If your concept utilizes more than one model, you will need to sign up for an additional team registration.
Designs may be created for male or female models and will be showcased by the model walking down the runway. You may provide your own model or we can provide talent for you. We will also provide hair and make-up services for models, if needed.
Registration is capped at 50 teams. Once you register your team you will not be able to receive a refund.
Questions or concerns? Please email us at email@example.com
All teams agree to the terms in the Designer Contract by registering.
2017 Design Judging Categories
The 2017 judging categories:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place
- Star Student – This award goes to the design from a student team (college or younger) that the judges feel best encompasses the judging criteria.
- Art Director’s Spirit – This award goes to the design from a communications or advertising professional, such as Graphic Designers, Art Directors, Creative Directors, Copywriters, Photographers, and Illustrators, which the judges feel best encompasses the judging criteria.
- DAVA Favorite – This award will be chosen by student representatives from DAVA.
What It’s All About
Designers create fashions from paper donated by Veritiv. These fashions are showcased at our grand runway show and voted on by a panel of judges. Category winners will be recognized with individual recognition, followed by trophies purely made of paper.
Partial proceeds from the ADCD Paper Fashion Show will benefit Downtown Aurora Visual Arts (www.davarts.org), a local community organization that provides after-school arts programs for at-risk youth. Kids participate in projects that help build self-esteem and increase connection to the community. By participating in the ADCD Paper Fashion Show, you are helping support the next generation of artists in our community.