Team Factory 231, Sarah Bouma and Kevlyn Walsh
1. What paper are you using? Aspire Petallics by CTI Paper
2. Tell us a little about you? Sarah is a graphic designer at D/CO Consulting. She has a BFA in Painting, and paints abstractly with Christian themes in her home studio and also often during church worship services. Her inspirations for art come from the High Renaissance, the New York School of Abstract painters, and Post Modernism along with avant garde fashion. Sarah also loves animals, dancing, and politics.
Kevlyn is a middle/high school art teacher at the Denver School for International Studies. She has a BFA in graphic design and is also an illustrator and chalk artist. She won the Peoples’ Choice award at the Denver Chalk Art Festival last summer. Kevlyn is inspired by her students, illustration, conceptual theatrical costume, and Lady Gaga. Kevlyn enjoys working out, sewing, and traveling.
3. Have you ever competed in the PFS before? Yes, we competed for the first time last year. We won first place for our design “The Huntress.” We both designed, and Sarah was the model.
4. What is the biggest challenge you face with creating the fashion? The biggest challenge is figuring out how to make paper wearable on a moving human body without ripping.
5. Why do you participate in the PFS? We LOVE art and fashion, and especially events that combine the two! We enjoy creative collaboration because we learn from each other and have a great time doing it! We have fun and silly memories of late nights working that we will always remember!
6. Anything else you want to share? Kevlyn and Sarah like to compete in the Denver Derby Party Hat Contest. Two years ago, Sarah won first place and Kevlyn won second with their original creations. Last year, Kevlyn won first place, and Sarah won second!