Position: Creative Director, Boulder, CO • Full-time
Vermilion is a full service design and interactive agency providing distinctive and effective solutions to a wide range of clients, with particular emphasis on foundations, nonprofits, natural product companies, and civic and educational organizations. We seek out clients who are passionate about their work and who are making a positive impact in our world.
Vermilion is looking for a Creative Director, one who’s an inspiring force that keeps our work remarkable, our talent growing, and our strategies effective. We’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate who is conceptual, strategic, collaborative, and adept at generating authentic ideas and unique expressions, and executing them across channels.
Ideally you’re a creative force in a mid-sized agency, ready for bigger challenges and a wider role. We’re looking for someone who is an eager problem solver and a demonstrated leader, skilled at connecting with clients and gaining their trust, and experienced at cultivating the best from a team of multidisciplinary designers across the range of communications and marketing channels.
We’re a 20-person Boulder agency with a purpose: helping solve the big problems of the day, helping organizations make positive change, and helping consumers make smarter choices. Our expertise encompasses both design and digital. We’re focused on natural products one minute and nonprofits and foundations the next.
- This role is about collaborative leadership. The primary responsibility of Vermilion’s Creative Director is to inspire, lead, motivate, and develop excitement and trust, both internally and externally — you’re the glue, the flint, and the tinder.
- You will lead and collaborate in the development of creative concepts and their execution through a range of activities including discovery meetings, audience exploration, concepting sessions, and definition of business and project goals.
- You will own and contribute to key deliverables, including project and creative briefs, creative presentations and rationale, messaging and brand development.
- You will work with team members to develop ideas, define features and functionality, create final deliverables and documentation.
- You will support and grow a team of direct reports as well as support and collaborate with business and department leaders across the agency.
What Success Looks Like
- We meet and exceed our client expectations
- The creativity and quality of our work is remarkable
- Our teams are motivated and happy
- Our solutions are effective and profitable
- You have at least 7 years of experience leading a creative team within an integrated agency environment, including proven success leading and cultivating a team of designers in digital and traditional mediums.
- You possess excellent communication and presentation skills that enable you to evangelize, articulate, and pitch great work to client stakeholders at all levels and to inspire and rally internal collaborators across disciplines.
- You have demonstrated expertise in brand development, integrated campaign development, interactive design, and digital marketing. You’re a multifaceted individual who is both a doer and a leader, who’s passionate about great work and nourishing creativity in all aspects of your life.
- This is a full-time position in our Boulder, CO office and does not offer remote working opportunity. Are you willing to work from our Boulder, CO office?
- Benefits include health-insurance subsidy, 401K, and gym membership.
- If you have one, please provide a link to your portfolio along with resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, be real. Share why this role and Vermilion are a fit for your personal goals and passions. Be sure to cover what makes you exceptional.
- Please provide salary requirements.
- No recruiters please.
If you’re seeking an opportunity for growth and creativity, for collaboration and shared values, for humor and balance, get in touch. Let’s get to know each other.