Job Title: Studio Intern
Company Name: Design Within Reach Inc.
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States, 80206
The Studio Intern will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of sales operations within the retail studio providing support to the Studio Proprietor and Studio Account Executives. The intern will assist with various projects that will help generate sales and provide exceptional customer service to all customers consistent with the Design Within Reach mission.
- Meeting and greeting all customers as they enter the studio welcoming them toDesign Within Reach. This will include offering water as well as the latest DWR catalog for their perusal.
- Assist with back office Studio operations such asorganizing all fabric swatch samples, keeping accurate inventory of swatches on hand and placing timely replenishment orders.
- Maintain inventory of all Studiomarketing collateral such as catalogs, sale signage, seasonal promotional items and all office supplies
- Tagging all furniture on the sales floor ensuring accuratevendor information and pricing
- Expand the customer’s connection to thebrand by increasing email sign-up in the studio
- Assist with customer MyDeco presentations for customers who are interested in seeing how the products would look in their own space
- Assist in the coordination of hosting in-house Studiodesign related events extending DWR’s reach and involvement in the local design community
- Assist in building and maintaining current relationships with Tradecontacts in the local area. This would include dropping off recent catalogs, promotional items and various treats seasonally
- Assist the Studio team with building strongworking relationships with customers, fellow associates and corporate contacts.
- Cooperate with fellow associates and promote a positive team spirit
- Attend studio meetings, share information amongst peers and utilize the web andcatalog
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for modern design, interested inexpanding current knowledge base of designers and products while keeping up on latest trends within the design industry.
- Working towards a degree within Interior Design, Architecture, orrelated fields
- Strong organizational and timemanagement skills
- Detail and process oriented – always willing to “gothe extra mile”
- Posses outstanding problem-solving skills; followthrough skills and is resourceful and creative.
- Exceptionalcommunication skills, both verbal and written; conveys information in a clear and concise manner; asks appropriate probing questions.
- Exceptional customerservice skills with a “go the extra mile” mentality
- Team player.Cooperative, easily gains trust and support of peers and encourages collaboration.
- Interested in self-development and is committed to continuous self improvement
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- PC proficiency, MS Word, Excel, PP, Outlook and Internet