Position Title: Senior-Level Front-End Web Developer
Location: Denver, CO
We need a senior-level front-end web developer to join a newly-created user experience and user design team at Digital First Media, based in Denver.
We have a serious need across to overhaul the user experience of virtually every product in our company — and with more than 800 multi-platform products across 18 states, we have a lot of work ahead of us.
In this position, you will be working with our team to rethink the way we interact with our customers. You’ll be responsible for finding ways to make our products more useful, accessible and relevant to our audience. At the outset of each project, we take a very highly collaborative approach to our initial problem solving. But when the work needs to get done, we need someone who will take ownership of a project and see it through to it’s completion with minimal supervision.
We don’t like long meetings, and we don’t like paperwork. We do like time to focus and create. You will have a great deal of autonomy here.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate strong conceptual thinking and the ability to create unique design solutions that show great attention to detail. We are looking for portfolios that showcase high-quality design concepts, identity work and typography skills.
Working with a Creative Director on the team, the two of you together will lead the visual expression and design execution for a variety of projects.
Must Have Expertise:
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and HTML 5 and CSS 3
- Experience with wireframes and prototypes and solid understanding of best practices for interactive design
- Strong typography and design skills
- Strong knowledge of web/mobile design standards and best practices
- Proficiency with responsive/adaptive design
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices
- WordPress theme creation/development experience
- Mobile web and/or mobile app design
- Knowledge of cross-browser inconsistencies and debugging (but not IE7 or less)
- Familiar with open-source CSS frameworks, such as Bootstrap and Foundation
- Understanding of accessibility issues in web design, 508 compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or related studies with knowledge of the history of design
Application Submission Instructions:
Contact email@example.com with a resume and link to your portfolio