JUNIOR WEB DESIGNER
We need a junior web designer to join a newly-created user experience and user design team at MediaNews Group, based in Denver.
We have a serious need across to overhaul the user experience of virtually every product in our company — and with more than 800 multi-platform products across 18 states, we have a lot of work ahead of us.
In this position, you will be working with our team to rethink the way we interact with our customers. You’ll be responsible for finding ways to make our products more useful, accessible and relevant to our audience. At the outset of each project, we take a very highly collaborative approach to our initial problem solving. But when the work needs to get done, we need someone who will take ownership of a project and see it through to it’s completion with minimal supervision.
We don’t like long meetings, and we don’t like paperwork. We do like time to focus and create. You will have a great deal of autonomy here.
Preference will be given to local candidates, but telecommuting is an option.
- Knowledge of web design/UI/UX standards and practices
- Proficiency in creating wireframes, and static comps, both high- and lo-fidelity
- Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Intermediate coding skills: HTML, CSS
- WordPress theme development experience
- Familiar with agile software development
- Understanding of accessibility issues in web design, 508 compliance
- Working knowledge of web video
Please contact email@example.com