Type of Work: Freelance
Company URL: www.kulacauses.com
Date Posted: August 23, 2012
KULA Causes, Inc. is looking for energetic, creative, and technically proficient graphic/web designers who can rock out graphics and assist us in building custom user interfaces for our partners.This is part time, as-needed work initially with opportunities for growth for rock star designers. This is a great opportunity for entry level designers to expand their portfolio with world-reknown brands while working with a small, dynamic start-up company in Boulder, Colorado.
A bit about KULA:
KULA is the world’s first global currency for giving. We enable people to use their consumer rewards points to give to their choice of millions of causes around the globe. Businesses implement KULA into their rewards offerings and create meaningful brand loyalty through democratized giving. When businesses discover what causes their customers give to, they can gain valuable insights into what their customers actually care about. To find out more, visit: www.kulacauses.com
Opportunity 1 – Partner Brands:
You will be working closely with KULA’s Creative Director to create custom online giving experiences for KULA’s many brand partners. This work requires strong attention to detail and the ability to adhere to brand stylistic guidelines on tight deadlines.
Opportunity 2 – KULA Brand:
KULA is continually building its own brand presence. Design opportunities may include sales collateral, website graphics/illustrations, presentation materials, conference “giveaways”, and other marketing materials.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- 3+ years of experience creating graphics and web design.
- Ability to learn new design programs quickly.
- Propensity for creative problem solving.
- Must be able to work effectively in an open space team environment
- Experience with photography and film making/editing.
- Great sense of humor, professionalism and tact.
- Inability to be boring. You love new design, new techniques, and strive for originality. You keep up with the latest trends and take them to the next level.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail. Misaligned pixels sometimes keep you up at night.
- Self-directed and operates with urgency, focus and discipline.
- Thrives in high-energy, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments.
- Consistent leader who voices their ideas while respecting others.
- Viewpoint that sees hard and difficult problems as opportunities.
- Ability to form trusted partnerships through mutual respect.
- Strong sense of ethics and integrity.
- Wants to make a difference in the world while enjoying a balanced lifestyle.
How to apply
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Your design philosophy (150 words max)
- Link to online portfolio (applicants without portfolios will not be considered)
- 3 references with contact information
- Hourly rate
- Weekday availability
- 3 people (deceased or living) you would like to have dinner with and why